«

»

Jun 27

readthisshit.com is now on Alltop! Yay!!!

Bookmark and Share

I have had a super busy last few days, so I have not been able to write.

But I wanted to do a quick shout-out to Alltop.com who added readthisshit.com to the lifestyles section today at lifestyle.alltop.com

Yay!!!

Welcome to anyone coming from Alltop.com to see what I have to say. I have got to figure out what to do about an Alltop badge and add that here.

I also want to thank everyone who has left comments. I am still sorting my way through what appears to be 90% Spambot comments (UGGGGGGG!) but it’s worth it for the other 10%. So I will get those comments approved and up soon, and reply to those that need replies. (I probably need to figure out a good plug-in to baffle the Spambots, I just don’t want to discourage any Human comments since I love you all so very much.)

alltop.com

 

6 comments

  1. zwilling messerset

    Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your design. Appreciate it

  2. caso milchaufschäumer

    Welcome! I saw your feed on alltop.com and came to check you out. I will be back.

  3. Synfidie

    Those spambots tick me off. Sometimes I feel all insulted by them and other times I’m like “oh yay! a fake robot thingie likes me!”

    I use akismet on mine. Catches 99% of the spam (tho occasionally it throws some real comments into it). It’s a free program if you want to go check it out. :)

    1. readthisshit

      Thanks for the tip about akismet! As you can see, I’ve installed SweetCaptcha which seems to be doing the trick!

      I saw your email the other day about the Zombie book, that looked very cool!

      1. Synfidie

        What email? What zombie book!? I actually am feeling clueless, tho this may have to do with being on here with sleep deprivation, haha
        (are you talking about the “Feed” series?)

        Haven’t looked much at SweetCaptcha except when I’m hit with it on websites I visit (which always throws me off at first as I’m like ‘you want me to put WHAT? Where?!” I think it seems like that would probably work pretty well for catching spambots.

        Side note: I keep failing the catpcha repeatedly here with the ERROR: The solution of task you submitted was incorrect. Please read the instruction and try again.

        1. alicia30

          Yes, the “Feed” series is what I meant.

          I’m sorry about the problems with SweetCaptcha, I’ll have to look at it more closely.

          No wonder, you’re feeling sleep deprived, it’s the middle of the night!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


Protected with IP Blacklist Cloud